What I’m up to right now
- COVID-19: The pandemic has slowed film production dramatically. One of the few upsides is that it has allowed me to focus on post-production. I’ve had several projects stacked up for a while now and have finally been able to get them across the finish line.
- MAIN PROJECT: “Saving For The Day” is finally finished! The film is a love letter to Missoula and features the talent of over 400 Montanans. It’s a multi-genre feature in the form of a modern-day Indiana Jones adventure. Check out the new trailer through the link above. It will be released in 2021.
- BACK BURNER: I co-wrote, directed, & scored a short film called, “Bleach Bone.” We recently released a trailer for this weird, gothic contemporary Western. It will be completed in early 2021. Watch the trailer HERE.
- SOMETHING I’M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT: We’ve been making major strides on an unannounced partnership that will make high-quality filmmaking more accessible for Montanans and Montana projects. Announcement coming by the end of the year!
- ASPIRE MEDIA PROGRAM: School is back in session. In addition to screenwriting classes, I’ve started a cinematography class which I’m enjoying. My teaching philosophy is the same as if I were coaching: Students must know the fundamentals in order to be free to create. Know the rules to break the rules.
- 2021: Writing 10 unrelated short scripts to be shot next year as a part of the “Shoot Montana” Project. Right now I’m writing an 80s style action-comedy. It’s John Carpenter’s “They Live” meets “E.T.” I’m also polishing some of my feature scripts. I’m not sure what 2021 will throw at me, so I want to be prepared.
- LONG TERM: World building on my most ambitious project has been put on pause so I can finish the projects above. When I need a moment of zen, I retreat into this wild & wonderful world. I hope to bring this futuristic Western world to the screen someday. If not, it’ll be a series of illustrated novels.
- I’m enjoying fall with my family in beautiful Missoula, Montana (above).
- DadMode is in full effect. Watching our daughter discover, learn, & grow is a source of constant joy. She fills our house with so much life. Becoming a father has been a dream come true.
- We’re still hunkered down due to the quarantine and plan to be for another year. I make occasion trips to the store and we try to support local restaurants as much as possible.
- I’ve been attempting to eat healthy and exercise regularly. My motivation rocket is consistantly escaping the quarantine-enhanced gravity of my couch, snacks, & binge-watching television. Progress is nominal.
- My hair is still growing. Not sure for how long. It’s gettin’ weird. I definitely wear a hat out in public.
Updated in the Fall of 2020.
This page is inspired by Derek Sivers and his Now Page Movement.