What I’m up to right now
- MAIN PROJECT: “Saving For The Day” is finally finished! We are submitting to festivals and distributors. The film is a love letter to Missoula and features the talent of over 400 Montanans. It’s a multi-genre feature in the form of a modern-day Indiana Jones adventure. Check out the new trailer through the link above. It will be released in 2023.
- SHOOT MONTANA PODCAST: We’ve started recording the first season of the podcast. The first season features the cast & crew of Saving For The Day and will be released as a companion to the release of the film.
- TREASURE STATE STUDIOS: We are up and running! Check it out!
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: I’ve been serving as the D.P. for a documentary about the 1918 Flu Pandemic. We have travelled around the state to places I haven’t been before.
- BACK BURNER: I co-wrote, directed, & will be scoring a short film called, “Bleach Bone.” Sound design, ADR, color, & score has started. Watch the trailer HERE.
- OTHER BACK BURNER: Post on another short, contemporary Western I wrote and directed called, “Bitterroot,” will begin after Bleach Bone is completed. This might be the best thing I’ve ever directed.
- YET OTHER BACK BURNER: Post on a rock mockumentary I directed will begin in 2023. It’s called The Drummer Monk and has connections to some well known rock mockumentaries of the past.
- WRITING: I’m writing several unrelated short scripts to be shot as a part of the “Shoot Montana” Project. Right now I’m working on 80s style action-comedy. It’s John Carpenter’s “They Live” meets “E.T.” I’m also polishing some of my feature scripts.
- LONG TERM: World building on my most ambitious project has been put on pause so I can finish the projects above. When I have a moment, taking advice from Neil Gaiman, I’ve been writing short stories set in this world to flesh it out. I hope to bring this futuristic Western world to the screen someday. If not, it’ll be a series of illustrated novels.
- DadMode is in full effect. I’m enjoying the Fall with my family in beautiful Missoula, Montana (above).
- We’re making plans to finally renovate our 32′ RV. It will be a mobile production office. Hope to get started in early Spring!
Updated in November of 2022.
This page is inspired by Derek Sivers and his Now Page Movement.